Hearty Vegetarian Minestrone
Create a storytelling style description of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Hearty Vegetarian Minestrone.
This Hearty Vegetarian Minestrone is a celebration of wholesome flavors and nourishing ingredients. A steaming bowl of this classic Italian soup is like a comforting embrace, perfect for a chilly evening or whenever you need a hearty, satisfying meal that’s packed with vegetables and goodness.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup small pasta (like ditalini or elbow macaroni)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, carrots, celery, and zucchini. Cook for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and Italian seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the cannellini beans and pasta. Simmer until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
This Hearty Vegetarian Minestrone is a delightful medley of vegetables, beans, and pasta in a flavorful broth. It’s a wholesome, comforting soup that’s perfect for any day of the week.
Nutritional information (per serving):
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 8g
This Hearty Vegetarian Minestrone is not only delicious but also a healthy choice, providing essential nutrients and flavors that will make it a family favorite. Enjoy the warmth and comfort this soup brings to your table!