Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake: a timeless dessert that brings together the sweetness of ripe pineapples, the warmth of caramelized brown sugar, and the fluffy goodness of vanilla cake. This classic recipe has been passed down through generations, filling homes with its delightful aroma and comforting taste. Whether it’s a family gathering, a celebration, or just a sweet craving, this Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is the perfect choice.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt the butter and spread it evenly at the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on top of the sugar, placing cherries in the centers and in any gaps.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together granulated sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry mixture.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple slices in the pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and invert it onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
A delightful combination of pineapples, brown sugar, and moist vanilla cake, this Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is a crowd-pleaser!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 380, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrates: 65g, Protein: 4g
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is not just a dessert; it’s a slice of happiness that brings people together. The sweet aroma of caramelized pineapples and brown sugar fills the air as it bakes, creating anticipation that is impossible to resist. The first bite is a burst of flavors, the tanginess of pineapple perfectly balanced by the sugary sweetness, creating a heavenly experience for your taste buds.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced baker, this recipe is a foolproof way to create a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake that looks as good as it tastes. It’s a beautiful addition to any occasion, adding a touch of nostalgia and a whole lot of flavor. So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to create a dessert that will have everyone asking for seconds. Enjoy every moment of the baking process and savor every bite of this delightful Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!